Dr. Bobby Kuruvilla, D.P.M.
Dr. Bobby Kuruvilla is a Podiatric foot and ankle surgeon whose practice focuses on the surgical and non-surgical treatment of foot disorders including heel and arch pain, bunions, hammertoes, fractures, flat feet, orthotic treatment, arthritic conditions of the foot, diabetic foot problems, sports injuries of the foot and ankle, plantar warts, and ingrown toenails.
Dr. Kuruvilla received his undergraduate degree in Biology from NYU in 1998. He received his Podiatric medical degree (D.P.M.) from the New York College of Podiatric Medicine in 2003. Dr. Kuruvilla then entered a podiatric surgical residency at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard University Medical School in Boston, MA. He completed 3 years of surgical training, serving as chief resident during the 2005-2006 year. During his time in Boston, Dr. Kuruvilla received extensive training in the diagnosis and treatment of the diabetic foot as well as the treatment of sports injuries of the foot.
Dr. Kuruvilla was awarded a fellowship in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery & Research at the Weil Foot & Ankle Institute in Chicago. During his fellowship, Dr. Kuruvilla participated in various clinical research studies and was involved in the use of the latest advances in foot and ankle surgery including shockwave therapy, minimally invasive foot surgery and radiofrequency ablation.
He is Board Certified in foot surgery by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery, and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons.
- Elective surgery (Bunions, hammertoe, arthritic conditions, flat foot reconstruction, heel pain)
- Fracture care( Closed and operative treatment)
- Sports Injuries (Turf toe, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, stress fractures, bone bruises)
- Foot deformity (Flat feet, cavus feet, charcot foot, hindfoot coalition)
- Pediatric Foot Problems ( Flat feet, heel pain)
- Dermatologic problems of the foot (Corns, calluses, nevi, warts, fungal infections)
- Office procedures ( Ingrown nail excision, Injections, excision of nevi, excision and treatment of warts, tendon lengthening, excision of foreign body)
- Orthotic and brace care
- Diabetic feet ( Wound care, ulcers, reconstruction, amputation, preventative care)
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of foot disorders including heel and arch pain, bunions, hammertoes, fractures, flat feet, orthotic treatment, arthritic conditions of the foot, diabetic foot problems, sports injuries of the foot and ankle, plantar warts, and ingrown toenails
- New York University, BA 1998
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine, Doctor of Podiatric Medicine 2003
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Residency 2006
- Weil Foot and Ankle Institute, Fellowship Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery 2007
Affiliations and Memberships
- Board Certified, American Board of Podiatric Surgery 2011
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons